Father, I thank you for the past experiences that have molded and shaped me into the woman I am today. I pray that those reading have submitted themselves to You and surrendered their hearts so that they also may become the men and women You created them to be in Your Kingdom. You said that all things work for the good of those who love You and are called according to Your purpose and You have truly manifested that in our lives. Thank You for never leaving nor forsaking us to the kingdom of darkness which seeks to devour us daily. May we continue to grow and seek You even more all the days of our lives. In the name of the Lord, Yeshua of Nazareth I pray, Amen.
Many people today deal with some form of demonic opposition. Some attacks can be a little more obvious than others but their intention is all the same… to pull you away from a relationship with Yeshua. When I was younger, I was possessed and the knowledge from my experience has come in handy now that I am a child of Yahweh. One of the things that the Ruach HaKodesh revealed to me about these demons is that there are three distinct types of demons that roam the earthly plain. There are black silhouettes (or masses), those which look like humans and then there are clear ones. I want to take a little bit of time to go through each one of these just in case you or someone you know has been dealing with a demon. Before I do, I want to remind you that Yeshua has already defeated these demons and they are just doing what they can to pull you away from Him. Plead the blood of Yeshua over yourself daily and seek Yeshua daily. A genuine relationship with Yeshua will cause your strength to grow to the point where you begin to boldly command these demons to leave in the name of the Lord Yeshua of Nazareth and you will see them leave. Most importantly, your name will remain in the Lamb’s Book of Life!
So, the first type of demon I mentioned was the black silhouette or black mass. These are those that can be in the form of a person, animal or just one big black blob. The shape of the demon plays a big part in its function. My disclaimer is that I will not have many Biblical references nor will I have any internet references. This is all mostly from experience and revelation the Ruach HaKodesh has given me so my advice is for you to pray over everything I have written and ask the Lord to show you what’s truth and what’s error. After all, I am human and I don’t always hit the nail on the head.
- Person: The function of these demons is to distract you. Imagine it being broad daylight and seeing one of these demons. Yes, there will be a small amount of fear but most of the time it causes you to be curious. What is that? Am I really seeing this? Is someone there? The whole time your brain is trying to process what your eyes are showing you there is another demon somewhere else that you don’t see because you are distracted. It isn’t often these will appear in daylight because they are more effective at night when you can’t tell that it’s just a black silhouette and not a person.
- Animal: I have found that the animal of choice is a dog. Why? I don’t know but most of the time when someone sees one of these demons they are in the form of a dog. The other popular form is that of spider. These are the spirit of confusion. I remember fasting for 40 days and was staying with a friend at her grandmother’s house. Now this house was riddled with demons. I know because I saw them all the time. I woke up in the middle of the night one night because I felt dog like panting on my face. Annoyed, I did what anyone would do and began saying go away and swatting at the air to get the dog to go away. As I began to open my eyes I saw what looked like a dog on my side of the bed hovering over me but as my brain began to wake up I remembered that there were no dogs in that house. That’s when I woke all the way up and then realized I was now experiencing sleep paralysis (which is when the demonic attempts to pull your spirit out of your body to possess it). Do you see how I was confused at first because there was a “dog” in the room even though there were no dogs in the house? Most of the time a person will see this type of demon out of the corner or their eye and when they see it they will catch the last of what looks like an animal and go chasing after it. Even though the person knows they may not have an animal or that their animal is not in that room. I will admit, I’ve had few encounters with these types so I’m not fully knowledgeable about them.
- Black masses: These are strictly the spirit of fear. Can you imagine being in one part of your house and on your way to another part you see this enormous black shapeless mass blocking your path? Most of the time you will be so gripped with fear that you won’t be able to move, scream or even run. I thank Yahweh I was never encountered one of these but if you do, remember, Yeshua has already defeated it and all you have to do is boldly tell it to leave in His name.
Most people come in conscious contact with these three types of demons whether while they are awake or while they are asleep. These are what I like to call the foot soldiers because they go out and scout their victims to make room for the next two types of demons. Each function of these demons is a doorway for a more advanced demon to enter through. Now let’s move on to the next level of demonic infiltration. These are the demons which look like you and me. What do I mean by that? Well they appear to be human apparitions. They are known as ghosts to many but they are no ghosts but demons in disguise. Let’s look at the two forms in which these demons will present themselves.
- Dead relative: This should be an obvious one right here. The function of these demons is to become familiar with you. Yep, that’s right, these are the familiar spirits. When you feel as though you are seeing or communicating with a deceased loved one you let your guard down and you are more willing to engage the entity. These are scout designed to gain information about you and provide it to the human vessels that allow demons to possess them. Such people like psychics, mediums, false prophets, etc. This is how these people can be so accurate about things they shouldn’t know, especially when it comes to a deceased loved one or things in your past. Notice that Yahweh only gives revelation about the past but gives visions of the future. With someone practicing divination they can have visions of the past and even dreams of things that may have happened in the past. This is all because of these familiar spirits. Remember, the kingdom of darkness possesses no real power and is all about smoke and mirrors to get you to believe a lie.
- Random apparitions: These are usually human looking spirits of people you don’t know that are haunting a specific person, place or thing. A lot of times these spirits will seduce someone who has had many run ins with the paranormal and use their own curiosity to bewitch them into the occult. These are the spirit of seduction. They make you fascinated about what you are seeing thinking that you are witnessing the spirit of someone who passed long ago and really you are seeing a demon. These will cause some to start researching the past in an attempt to uncover something mind blowing that might explain their experience. People have become so obsessed with these adventures that they create shows about it and all they do all day long is hunt ghosts.
These demons are what I call the deal closers. Usually they only appear to people who already have some sort of curiosity about the spirit realm. I personally have seen one of these demons. It came to me first when I was about 7 and again when I was around 12. This demon looked like I white woman from the Renaissance Age. It had blonde hair, a ton of jewelry and a fabulous green dress. I didn’t get saved until I was 24 so you can imagine how I began to become seduced into this morbid state of being. I found myself drawn to shows about chasing real life ghosts and would even write short novels about witches and vampires. All my short novels involved a human who would coexist with these demonic beings. I used to fantasize about being the main character of my stories or I would fantasize about being a witch and having great power (kind of like the witches from the show Charmed). I would be drawn to people with similar interests until I began to search the spirit realm through astral projection and meditation. The spirit of seduction is so gradual you won’t even realize you’re drowning.
The last form of demon I am going to discuss are the clear ones. These bad boys are what Ephesians chapter 6 verse 12 is talking about when it says, “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” There is only one function for all of these demons. Let’s take a look…
- Clear demons: These demons are the strongmen or demonic territorial guards of the other lesser demons. For example, you have the Jezebel spirit which is a strong man (demonic territorial guard) and under the umbrella of this spirit is the spirit of witchcraft (manipulation), deception, lust, so on and so forth. I have come across these demonic territorial guards on more than one occasion when I was in the world and even once I had given my life to Yeshua. The reason I describe them as clear is because they appear to be an outline of something invisible. Here’s a better example, in the movie Predator the creature had the ability to make itself invisible. You could see the outline of the creature but it would appear as a distortion of some sort because nothing would appear to be there. This is how these demons manifest as well. I have literally bumped into these before and when I turned around, nothing was there. I have seen one face to face (so to speak) before. They are bold and they are strong, however, greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. You remember when Yeshua said some only come out through prayer AND fasting? Well these are the “some” to which He was referring.
Have you ever come across someone and it just seems like no matter what they do they cannot escape from a certain behavior? They may have reached out for help. You may have prayed. Nonetheless they can’t seem to break free. Drug addicts are a perfect example. You can cast out the spirit of addiction but unless you cast out that strong man or demonic territorial guard, that person will continue to relapse.
The strong man I encountered right after I gave my life to Christ was angry at me and tried to scare me back into the occult. I remember laying on my side on my bed and reading Psalm 23 out loud. When I got to verse 4 (Ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil) I heard a very low growl. I had my television on but it was very low. I assumed it was something on television so I turned the TV off. I started over from the beginning and when I got to verse 4 I heard the growl again but this time it was right in front of my face and very loud. I froze and then I felt my bed go down as something invisible started to crawl up toward me. I have never run so fast. You must remember, I was just a babe in Christ at that time so I had no clue what to do. I ran into my father’s room, who’s also a Christian, and told him what happened. He escorted me back to my room and told me to finish reading the chapter of Psalm. At the time, I didn’t understand why he told me to finish reading instead of both of us packing our things and leaving but now I do. You see, my father knew the authority I now had in Christ and so did that demon but I had to recognize and exercise my authority by finishing the Scripture.
I have been places before where I can see (with my physical eye) several of these clear demons congregating. Unfortunately, one of those places was the Bible college I was attending. Yahweh sent me there for several reasons (none of which was to receive a degree and I didn’t either). I was used to warn those who were there and teach those who would listen the things in which the Lord gave me to teach. Anyone who would pray against these principalities (myself included) would meet tremendous demonic opposition and it would usually come from those persons in charge.
If enough strong men are gathered in one area you will experience what has been called a brazen heaven. This is when you pray but you feel like there is a ceiling over you keeping your prayers from reaching Yahweh’s ears. Now we know this isn’t true though, it just feels this way. This is probably what Daniel experienced when he prayed for 21 days because the archangel was delayed due to the demonic territorial guards that had to be fought through to reach Daniel. After 21 days, the angel Gabriel could make it through to Daniel and told him that his prayer was heard the first time but there was a delay because the prince of Persia was warring against “him” and an archangel, Michael, had to come and assist. These strong men can govern entire continents given the amount of sin found there. Where it speaks of the prince of Persia is it in reference to the demonic territorial guard over that area.
Daniel had been praying for Israel because of the oppression they had been suffering under the Persian world power. This vision was two years after king Cyrus’ decree for the restoration of the Jews. In Daniel 8 he receives a vision about a ram and a goat in which the archangel Gabriel interprets. The ram represented Persia and Media (the two current world powers) and the goat represented Greece which would destroy Persian and Media. Afterwards, Greece would fall and four kings would rise and the fifth would exalt himself even above Yahweh. Notice that chapter 8 coincides with chapter 10 below. Verse 21 says, “…and when I have gone forth, indeed the Prince of Greece will come.” This is speaking of the principality or demonic territorial guard that controls Greece. Notice that Yahweh has angelic territorial guards though. The archangel Michael was referred to as the Prince of Israel. Read chapter 10 below:
Daniel 10 New King James Version (NKJV)
Vision of the Glorious Man
10 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a message was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar. The message was true, but the appointed time was long;[a] and he understood the message, and had understanding of the vision. 2 In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. 3 I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
4 Now on the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, that is, the Tigris,[b] 5 I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist was girded with gold of Uphaz! 6 His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude.
7 And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, for the men who were with me did not see the vision; but a great terror fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves. 8 Therefore I was left alone when I saw this great vision, and no strength remained in me; for my vigor was turned to frailty in me, and I retained no strength. 9 Yet I heard the sound of his words; and while I heard the sound of his words I was in a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground.
Prophecies Concerning Persia and Greece
10 Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and on the palms of my hands. 11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling.
12 Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. 14 Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come.”
15 When he had spoken such words to me, I turned my face toward the ground and became speechless. 16 And suddenly, one having the likeness of the sons[c] of men touched my lips; then I opened my mouth and spoke, saying to him who stood before me, “My lord, because of the vision my sorrows have overwhelmed me, and I have retained no strength. 17 For how can this servant of my lord talk with you, my lord? As for me, no strength remains in me now, nor is any breath left in me.”
18 Then again, the one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me. 19 And he said, “O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!”
So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”
20 Then he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? And now I must return to fight with the prince of Persia; and when I have gone forth, indeed the prince of Greece will come. 21 But I will tell you what is noted in the Scripture of Truth. (No one upholds me against these, except Michael your prince.
I don’t have all the answers but I will say this, I work from home on my computer six days a week and don’t have any problems but as I was writing this I was suddenly kicked off the internet right around the time I was writing about the strong men. Again, pray about all things written here and please feel free to reply to this post if you feel I have mentioned something in error. Stay blessed everyone and remember to pray without ceasing and fast regularly under the guidance of the Ruach HaKodesh.